Hello and thank you for your interest in our Markets. We've included our most frequently asked questions below. Before applying, you'll want to read through them as they cover the types of vendors we're looking for, our deadlines, policies, and more. Basically they're all of the questions we often get asked on emails, DM's etc! If you'd like more information about the Market overall, you can read our general Market FAQ here.
We've gathered the most important vendor information in two handy pdf's linked below. While the FAQ's below cover the main points, this gives you all of the nitty gritty details in terms of the application process, what you'll need and how things work at the event, and our cancellation and weather policies. Some folks find this format easier to read.
To apply, just click on the appropriate links below. If you have not participated with us before, you'll just need to upload one photo showing your display (or proposed display); we will review products by viewing your website/shop page and social media pages.
- If you are a Handmade or Antique/Vintage Vendor --> APPLY NOW BY CLICKING HERE (DEADLINE 6/5)
- If you are a Food Truck or Tented Food Vendor (consumption onsite) --> APPLY NOW BY CLICKING HERE (DEADLINE 6/5)
. . . . . . . .
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Sept 24 - Collingswood
Oct 8 - Bryn Mawr
Oct 22 - Kennett Square
All Markets are open 10-4 pm.
Handmade & Vintge Vendors
- Application Deadline: Mon. June 5 at 11 pm EST (firm)
- Vendor Notifications Emailed: Mon. June 19
- Vending Fees Due In Full: Thurs. June 22
- Application Deadline: Mon. June 5 at 11 pm EST (firm)
- Vendor Notifications Emailed: Wed. June 21
- Vending Fees Due In Full: Mon. June 26
TL:DR - we are looking for vendors with with high quality handmade products along with carefully curated antiques (100+ years old) and vintage goods (25+ years old). We're looking for handmade artisans with unique, high quality, modern/on-trend products and vintage dealers with a carefully curated selection of goods (i.e. we are not a "flea market"). Creative and beautifully styled displays are prioritized when we select vendors. Each Market also includes a selection of high quality food trucks and tented food and beverage vendors.
A little more info please?
We consider handmade products to be those which are original in design and which require a level of skill and creativity in their final execution. We value seeing the maker's personal imprint on the final products sold versus products with minimal handiwork done on purchased components. All applicants should also have a passion for creative and carefully styled displays to help us create a unique shopping experience for our customers. We welcome applications from emerging businesses and established brands, so even if you're new to making or collecting, please don't hesitate to apply.
We take pride that we have built a community of vendors who share a collaborative, supportive and inclusive spirit. We love working with fellow small businesses who work hard, have fun, and who are willing to put in the time to partner with us to make the Markets a success. We especially appreciate folks who are flexible and can roll with the punches of an outdoor event (Mother Nature can be fickle). If that sounds like a good fit, we’d love to meet you!
Nope! You can apply to just one, two, three or all four Markets in the season. You'll be able to indicate if you have a priority date (i.e. the one you'd most like to do) on the application. Given the challenge and time involved in selecting vendor lineups across multiple categories and dates, we ask that you only apply to dates where you know you are available (please double-check your calendar) and able to pay the vending fees in full after acceptance if you are confirmed for all of the dates you've selected. Due to strong demand for our Markets, most handmade vendors, especially in typically oversubscribed categories (jewelry, clothing, candles, bath/body, ceramics) will only be accepted for 1 or possibly 2 dates.
All applicants are reviewed with a fresh eye each season. When reviewing applications, we consider product quality, craftsmanship, uniqueness, cohesiveness of design, the overall mix of sellers, and fit with the Market’s aesthetic and what we feel will resonate most with our customers. Product display and presentation are very important considerations, and we look for applicants with creative and carefully styled displays (i.e. we are not a flea market and are looking to create a high quality experience for our customers). A strong social media and online presence is also important as we ask all vendors to help promote the Markets in partnership with us. We strive to have a variety of styles, price points, and categories represented at our events and maintain targets in each category. Finally, but importantly, we are always interested in increasing representation of BIPOC brands in our vendor community, and this information can be shared on the application.
Vendors need to provide their own setup and display including a 10’x10’ white tent (white tents create a beautiful overall market aesthetic and help to show your merchandise best), tent weights (a minimum of 40 lbs of weight securely fastened on each tent leg), tables for all merchandise, and full-length tablecloths for a neat and professional appearance. We recommend that all vendors have tent sidewalls handy available in case of rain.
Our approved types of tent weights are fully filled and adequately sized weight bags (like this) or PVC pipe or buckets filled with concrete for a DIY option (like this). Concrete blocks, bricks, water jugs, dumbbells, ballast plates loosely set on tent legs, loose sand bags or partially filled sand bags are NOT approved types. The round interlocking type (like this) are not approved unless they are securely fastened to the tent and with adequate weight (they are not our preference).
Yes, and this is an important one for us. Because the experience of meeting and interacting with our makers/collectors is such an important part of our value proposition to customers, vendors must be personally present representing their business unless there is an extenuating circumstance and prior approval has been given. Unless otherwise noted, another event on the same day is not considered an extenuating circumstance.
In person Markets are all about CONNECTION! By participating with us, you will have:
- Opportunities to meet customers in person where you can establishand nurture relationships, grow your social media accounts and email databases, test new product ideas, and get feedback. The in-person experience is invaluable!
- Connection with other carefully selected vendors who are building similar handmade and vintage businesses. We have built a community of fellow small business owners who enjoy supporting one another and building each other up.
- An organized, communicative, and detail-oriented Founder (Janet Long) with 13+ years experience building the business from scratch and her small bit mighty onsite team. She is committed to making your participation smooth, fun, and successful.
- A private Facebook group just for participating vendors which offers opportunities for more virtual connection and sharing of ideas and resources.
- Exposure to the followers of our Facebook and Instagram
pages through lots of promotional posts and vendor sneak peeks. We love to promote YOU, and spend a significant amount of time ahead of each Market on vendor promotion on our social media pages. The Markets and vendors are also promoted throughout the season to our opt-in mailing list.
- A gallery of vendors on our website which remains up all season so Market shoppers can discover you before and after each event.
- PA DOR: More Info Here or contact 717-425-2495 Ext. 72100 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- NJ DOR: More Info Here and Here or contact 609-292-9292, x1
- For Chestnut Hill vendors~Philly DOR: Info here or contact 215-686-6600 or email@example.com
- For Bryn Mawr vendors~Lower Merion Twp Finance: More Info here regarding the $20 annual license or contact 610-645-6142 or businesslicense@
We have developed a strong system of promoting the Markets including:
- Co-promotion with our community partners in each location
- Distribution of posters at key retail shops and restaurants in each location
- Several emails ahead of each Market to our opt-in mailing list
- Promotion on our Instagram and Facebook pages
- Promotion to our Virtual Market Facebook Group
- Local targeted radio ads & targeted local mailing lists
- Street banners and signage hung several weeks prior to each event
- Press outreach to our longstanding contacts
We LOVE to help promote our vendors to generate excitement and buzz to the events. But, the success of the Market is a collaborative effort. We ask that vendors actively partner with us to promote the Markets too.
It's easy - just put your email in the "mailing list" field at the bottom of this page! We send out frequent reminders to our email list and will also post often on our social media pages linked at the bottom of the page, too.